Scoping and Validation Study for a Collective Initiative to Strengthen Teaching and Learning in African Higher Education
The design for a new, multi-year higher education (HE) reform programme focused on strengthening the capacity of African universities, HE commissions, and teaching staff to expand provision of high-quality blended learning.
ACU Association of Commonwealth Universities / SPHEIR
Higher Education l Quality I Curriculum Reform I Pedagogy
Identify how the specific tools and processes developed and used in three distinct SPHEIR* projects (PEBL, TESCEA and PEDAL) can be aligned and re-configured into a single new initiative that:
(1) Responds to the needs of African universities
(2) Offers a coherent package of tools and processes based on accrued implementation experience, beneficiary input and robust evaluation, using tried and tested tools.
(3) Differentiates between activities that support universities and staff already involved in any of the three projects and activities that would support new universities and staff.
*SPHEIR = Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education Innovation and Reform
Paeradigms worked closely with the involved partners and carried out a mapping study that involved numerous interviews. This step was followed by the development of a proposal with several "packages" to be submitted to potential donors.
A high-level landscape review that involves three components:
(1) A broad high-level picture of current/planned similar initiatives, the point of departure for which could be the 2019 landscape review.
(2) A mapping of current/planned initiatives that, while not designed to address similar needs of the new initiative, might be seen as complementary to it.
(3) An overview of potential donors to aid eventual targeted outreach.